Body Mists - Ways to Use Them
This entry was posted on February 10, 2017.
Body mists provide a thin layer of hydration to the skin without overburdening. Body Mists are by nature a much lighter scent than a perfume and due to the chemical composition of body mists, they evaporate quickly on the skin. Here are a few Grace Cole techniques which you could try to make your body mist fragrance last a little longer:
- Apply body mist immediately after drying off after a bath or shower. When you apply the body mist at this time, your pores are open and they will retain the scent for a longer time.
- Apply a body lotion with the same scent as your body mist. Preparing your skin properly will help the mist last longer throughout the day as fragrance molecules bind to the oil molecules in your skin so the best way to make fragrance last is to moisturise your skin first.
- When spraying the mist, do so toward yourself from a distance of approx. 1 foot, directing it to the areas of your body where you applied the lotion. After you spray the mist, step into the mist in the air to allow the body mist to cover your skin completely. Keep repeating this technique until you have applied to all the desired areas of your body. Allow the body mist to dry completely before you dress.
- Spraying your hair holds the fragrance better. Due to your scalp’s natural oiliness, it is a great carrier for fragrance. Your fragrance not only lasts longer - because it’s always in motion, it gets diffused easier as well. You can also spray the mist onto a brush and brush through your hair.
- You can even saturate a cotton ball and tuck it into your bra so that you get a soft scent throughout the day.
Body Mists refresh your skin and provide a thin layer of hydration to the skin. Delicately fragranced, feminine, light and airy, there are many uses for our body mists.
- Mist applied at pulse points will radiate further. Good spots to aim for are wrists, inside elbows, inside knees, neck, sternum, behind the ears, and underarms. Do not apply to every single one of these simultaneously, only a couple at a time.
- Mist applied to the skin will leave it delicately fragranced without overpowering. Apply throughout the day for a light fragrance. Applying to the back of the neck has the effect of leaving a trail of scent in your wake.
- Spray body mist into the air and then walk through the mist, that way it isn’t too overpowering.
- Instead of putting body mist on your skin you can spray your favourite fragrance onto your bed linen for a delicate scent.
- Body Mists work just as well around the home. A light spritz will fill your home with your favourite fragrance without overpowering.
- A light spray into your hair lets the mist cling to the strands so that is lasts throughout the day. Due to the scalps natural oiliness, it is a great carrier for fragrance.
- Use your favourite body mist to fragrance your car.
- Spritz onto an accessory like a scarf or headband and wear it to release your favourite fragrance.